SEA LION WARRANTY GUIDELINES
Boards purchased from a certified dealer have an extended warranty of 3 years (once registered), whilst all accessories have a warranty of 1 year.
All boards need to be registered with us before the extended warranty is valid. Warranty date starts from date of purchase with a proof of purchase. Please use the following link to register your board.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sea Lion warrants all Sea Lion boards and paddles sold by Sea Lion to be free of defects in material or workmanship for a period of 1 year from the date of purchase unless otherwise specified on the product. All boards after purchased from 2020 onwards are eligible for extended warranty. Boards purchased prior to 1st January 2020 are not eligible for the extended 3 year warranty.
If a product is found to be defective by Sea Lion, in its sole discretion, Sea Lion's only responsibility shall be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product.
Sea Lion will not be responsible for any costs, losses or damages incurred as a result of loss of use of product. This warranty is subject to the following limitations in addition to any imposed by virtue of applicable law.
1. The warranty applies only to Sea Lion products purchased from Authorised Sea Lion Dealers and is valid for the original purchaser only. Transfers of warranty is not possible.
2. Any products that we request to be returned to Sea Lion for warranty inspection must receive prior return authorisation, which can be given over an email by contacting email@example.com
They must be returned via Parcelforce, DPD, UPS or FEDEX courier services at the cost of the customer. Sea Lion assumes no responsibility for products during shipment from the customer to our Warranty Department. Shipping charges are not refundable.
Excluded from coverage under this warranty are the following:
- Damage caused by misuse, abuse or neglect.
- Damage caused by improper packing.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by anything other than defects in material or workmanship.
- Damage Caused by excessive UV/Heat Exposure (shown by distinct yellow glue staining around seams or fading of parts such as fins and logos)
- Damage caused by use of solvents, adhesives.
- Damage to Sea Lion products caused by non-Sea Lion products.
- Any and all claims for consequential or incidental damages.
3. All coverage under this warranty is void if any modification, change or alteration has been made to the product that is not specifically authorized in writing by Sea Lion.
4. Repaired or replaced products are covered for a 18 month period only. If your product is covered under an extended warranty and is replaced within the last year of the extension then a maximum of a 6 months warranty will be offered regardless of the remaining period on the original purchase.
5. All warranty claims must be accompanied by the original purchase receipt from an Authorised Sea Lion dealer. Invoice or charge receipt must clearly identify the dealer.
6. Extended warranties are only applicable for private, end consumer use and will not be offered for any commercial purchases, such as SUP schools or similar.
This warranty is in addition to and does not affect your legal rights under laws.
7. Warranties and/or product replacements are only applicable/redeemable in the original country of purchase.